Now this is an activity that has drawn much excitement each time we have done it. As a part of our Resurrection Eggs, we read the story of Jesus washing His disciples' feet and then took turns doing it for each other. I really think Aria enjoys both parts. I tried to get her to wait for Daddy to get home so he could be a part of it, but she really wanted to do it right away. Maybe Daddy's feet are too stinky. :)
I am a firm believer that stories from the Bible sink in much farther when we act them out. It gives us an event to connect to and real feelings to remember. I don't think we can reproduce the magnitude of the situation when Jesus washed His disciples' feet, but we will continue to act it out and try to understand.
"If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you too ought to wash one another's feet." John 13:14
No comments:
Post a Comment