4.21.2014

Preschool Craft

I was in charge of letter V preschool 4 days before Easter.  Our Bible lesson was Jesus' Victory over death.  My favorite part of the lesson was acting out the scene at the tomb with the kids.  The two boys of the group were the guards and they did a great job standing guard, falling down in fear, and pretending to be dead.  The girls who were frightened by the angel let out a great scream.  And our Jesus was excellent at removing his burial cloth and escaping out the secret passageway.  I wish I could have got it on video.

We also made this craft, which I thought turned out well.



1. Cut a paper plate in half.  I bought some sturdy ones so the tomb would stand up on its own.
2. Cut an arc in one half for the entrance to the tomb.
3. Color the inside of the other half black.
4. Paste on the verse Luke 24:6.  "He is not here. He is risen!"
5. Color the outside of the tomb.
6. Glue on the angel.
7. Staple the two halves together so there is space in the middle.
8. Crumple up some paper into a ball.
9. Add some tape to keep its ball shape.
10. Use ball as big rock to cover tomb.

The 3 and 4 year olds could do most of the work themselves.  The plates were a little hard to cut because they were so think.  Other than that and help with stapling, they completed it with ease.  And since it stands on its own, it is good for displaying!

No comments: