Aria has pretty much stopped taking an afternoon nap. I'm okay with that. Bedtime is a much easier routine if she is tired. If she sleeps during the afternoon, she is definitely not tired at night. However, Aria does still have "rest" time in her room. Recently I have allowed Aria to choose a spot in her room for rest time instead of forcing her to be in her bed. She has a bean bag, a chair, and some pillows in the fort under her bed. She usually sits on one of those and listens to/looks at books. After awhile, she is allowed to play in her room. Apparently, one day, she was just tired of playing. Literally.
When Aria was a baby I was strangely obsessed with making sure she always slept in her bed. I drove myself crazy always trying to be home at bedtime and nap time. It was such craziness that Aria didn't sleep well in other places. She has never willingly chosen sleep. Until this day. She found that blanket in her closet, curled up on her bean bag and went to sleep. I was shocked. I sent this picture to Justin and said, "I guess she was tired." I think this is just another sign of my girl growing up and making choices for herself.
No comments:
Post a Comment