In our most recent conversation about salvation before this morning, Aria had told me she didn't want to talk to Jesus with me listening. I told her that she can always talk to Jesus and I don't have to hear it, that it was just between her and Jesus. So this morning when she told me that during her rest time this week she prayed and asked Jesus to live in her heart, it made sense to me and fits her personality that she wanted to do that on her own. She is very excited and it is so awesome to see a new confidence in her about her faith. I didn't know this transformation could be so real at such a young age, but it is clear and beautiful and a work only God can do!
Aria can be a pretty shy girl and she definitely does not like attention on herself for things. So, whenever we had conversations about asking Jesus to live in her heart, she didn't want to talk about it. One time I remember her saying, "I believe, I just don't want to say that prayer." I used to be pretty focused on making sure she accepted Jesus and "crossed the line of faith." I thought there was something I could do to make her do it or that there was something I was not doing to encourage her the right way. But a few months ago, after listening to our children's pastor talk about the topic, I realized there wasn't anything I could do but pray for Aria and give her the information. I have backed off trying to force her into it, which is good because that would not have been real anyway. Instead I knew that her trust would come on her terms.
So I was not in the least surprised that she didn't want me to hear her pray. I also know it is very real. She was confident when she told me she had said the prayer and she was excited to tell Daddy and Grandma and the pastors at church and her friend and the lady at Hy Vee. She still didn't want to tell them herself, but she wanted them to know. That is a different Aria than I am used to and I know it can only be because God is present in her heart.
It is cause for joyous celebration and it is a day I will remember forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment