We made a Resurrection Garden again this year, but it didn't quite have the same effect as last year. We had a good time making it, especially since Daddy got to help, but Aria's interest wasn't the same as last year.
After we made it, Aria was not interested in spraying it with water every day, which surprised me. I do love the symbolism. We used it on Good Friday through Easter Sunday to place Jesus in the tomb and then find him not there. I think it really adds to the joy and amazement when you can physically look in a "tomb" and find Jesus not there. We didn't have very much grass grow on it this year, which may have added to the lack of interest. Or maybe we just didn't plant it soon enough because she has been more excited about it lately with the grass growing. I might have to look for an alternative visual for next year. Sometimes I get stuck on "traditions" and maybe a new perspective will help us grow more.
No comments:
Post a Comment