5.15.2012

Friends

Almost six years ago, we decided to join a small group of couples from our Sunday School group.  It was a six week study put on by our church.  I don't even remember what it was about, but the result of those six weeks are the best friends we've ever had.  The group started as eight adults, all married two years or less and without kids.  Since then, four more adults joined, five kids were born, and two more are on the way.  And the biggest change is that three of the families have or are soon moving to another state.  We had the opportunity to have a little reunion last week and it was so awesome.  It was like nothing had changed at all and we were all getting together for our weekly small group.  We have all cried together, celebrated life changes with each other, and taken care of each other.  I am so very fortunate to have them in my life.  We have so much in common, yet are so different.  We can play a game like Boxers or Briefs and laugh ourselves sick.  We know where the silverware is in each other's kitchens and our kids have their own 'room' in each other's houses.  While it royally stinks that we will be separated by many states, I know I can always count on them.  We will be getting together for reunions like this for years to come and the group will keep growing.  Thank you, God, for putting these people in my life.  I don't know where I would be without them.

No comments: