N was hard for some reason. I'm not really sure why. Here goes...
Bible Stories: We read about Noah and Naomi. They have been studying Naomi in Sunday School, so that was one she recognized a little bit, but it is a hard story to put on a level she understands. On the other hand, Noah's Ark is a story she knows very well and enjoys! We have a wooden ark that is a shape sorter with all the animals that she loves and we have several Noah's Ark books. She was happy to read the story every morning! I tried to expand beyond the base of the story and talk about God keeping his promises, but I'm not sure how much she caught on.
Activities: We painted our (toe)nails like a rainbow because of the rainbow in the story of Noah's Ark.
Aria absolutely loves to have her toenails and fingernails painted. She does a great job sitting still and not touching them, too. Usually it is the bribe of how I get her to hold still to get them cut. And, I usually have to paint mine, too. I'm not generally into have well manicured nails or pedicures, but I do have a lot of fun painting toenails with my daughter!
I also gave Aria a numbers puzzle this week. I bought it when a favorite store of mine went out of business last fall. I was saving the puzzle for some random opportunity to spoil my child and I thought N week was the time. She can count to 13, but doesn't really recognize too many numbers, so I also thought it was time to start learning them more. When we got the puzzle out, though, she knew more than I thought. That is almost always the case.
People We Know: Grandma Nancy, Norah, Naomi, Nala
Food: Nutri-Grain bars, Nutty Bars, Nilla Wafers, nachos, chicken noodle soup, nectarines, nuts
Pictures to Color: net, nose, nuts, nurse
Books: Fancy Nancy and the Fabulous Fashion Boutique, Nightingale's Adventure in Alphabet Town, My 'n' Soundbox, Numbers on the Street, Nose
Songs: I didn't try very hard, but I didn't come up with any N songs, unless you count "Who Built the Ark? Noah, Noah"
No comments:
Post a Comment