5.02.2012

What's he's name?

Aria's question of the month is, "What's he's name?"  (We're still working on learning pronouns.)  She literally asks me that question about every person she sees...in person, on tv, in the newspaper, in a book, etc.  She truly wants to know.  We met Connie, Liz, and Kerri at HyVee yesterday and Tyrese at Wal Mart today.  It is really fun when people respond to her and tell her their name.  She is always delighted, but a bit shy in telling them her name.  It usually comes out, but just a bit quiet. 

So today in Wal Mart, we are in the check out line and of course she points to the man in front of us and says, "What's he's name?"  I told her I didn't know what his name was and he didn't turn around to respond.  Then Aria said, "It's probably Jim." 

It was all I could do to control my laughter to a small giggle.  I have absolutely no idea how she decided his name was Jim.  We know a couple Jims, but I don't think she knows them very well, if at all.  Holy cow--the things that come out of the mouths of babes!  My day is never dull!

And just while we are on the topic of funny phrases..

Last night we went for a family walk.  Augie was having a little trouble with her poop and had to squat about 4 times before she finally got it all out.  As we were waiting for her to finish, Aria says, "Whoa, Augie, that's a lot of poop!"

Justin and I both laughed out loud at that one!

No comments: