O week was not much of an O week because we chose to spend all of our time with our awesome friends who were in town staying with us! We did manage a few things, but it was minimal. I considered just not doing a letter for the week, but I'm kind of OCD sometimes and if we keep at our one letter a week pace, we will be on our vacation this summer during Z week and go to the zoo. How cool is that!
Bible Stories: In Aria's Sunday School class on Sunday during O week, they talked about obeying and she brought home a big poster with a verse and a saying about obedience. I followed that lead and pointed out how our favorite characters obeyed or disobeyed God. The word obey is something Aria understands and it was cool to point out obedience in different stories. The ones we read the most were Noah and Jonah.
Activities: Here is what I wanted to do. I thought it would be fun to create an opposites circuit. I would have had hot and cold, big and small, soft and hard, etc. I think she would have really liked it and I will probably do it sometime.
We don't know anyone whose name starts with O.
Food: Oreos, oatmeal, oatmeal bread, olives, onions, (Aria doesn't like oranges)
Pictures to Color: octopus, ostrich, otter, olive
Books: Oink (very fun!), An Octopus Followed Me Home (read this one a ton!), Owls Adventure in Alphabet Town, Five Oceans, The Shy Ostrich, Otters, Quiet Owls, My 'o' Sound Box, Ovals
Songs: Didn't even think about songs...we had friends to play with!
No comments:
Post a Comment