5.22.2012

The Letter P

What we lacked in the letter O week, I think we made up for with P.  Aside from our last name beginning with P, we found a lot of our favorite things to eat and do start with P, too.  We had a blast last week with some awesome summer weather!

Bible: We read various stories about Peter and Paul.  One of the things I like about this newer Bible we are using is that it goes past Jesus' death.  A lot of the other toddler Bibles I've seen just stop with the resurrection.  Hello---there's an entire New Testament after that.  This Bible goes clear through Revelation with stories, so we were able to find several having to do with Peter and Paul.  I also discovered we don't read much from the New Testament.  All of Aria's favorites are in the Old Testament.  I need to work on broadening her Bible story horizon.  Or, I can just celebrate how many stories she does know! 

Activities:  This is where I got really excited!  We started the week off with some painting...


She had to bring a purse just like Mommy when we went shopping...

We bought some new flower pots and planted flowers...

And we got out the pool for the first time of the year...


Not to mention, we had a picnic on Sunday for Mother's Day at the park and a picnic outside at her new garage sale kid table another night, went to the park again, had a party at our house to say goodbye to some dear friends and celebrated Papa's Birthday!  We didn't even get out the Play-Doh, but I did let her stay in her pajamas a bit more than usual!

People We Know: Well, us!  Our last name starts with P and so does one set of grandparents and her one and only aunt!  We also know Pam, Peggy, and Paul, Pluto, Piglet, and Prairie Dawn

Food: This is the jackpot!  We love P foods!  A new tortilla pizza that I invented on the spot for lunch one day, tortilla, pizza sauce, pepperoni, cheese, microwave about 30 seconds.  Excellent!  Pepperoni pizza, peanuts, pretzels, peanut butter, purple popsicles (strawberry yogurt, blueberries, blackberries, spinach, flax seed, blend it, freeze it, voila), pancakes, peaches, pears, peas, pasta, pepper, pepperoni (by itself), pizza

Pictures to Color: pig, pineapple (Aria doesn't like it or we would have eaten it, too), paintbrush, pencil

Books: I went overboard on the P books at the library and we didn't even read all that I checked out.  And, since I love penguins, we already had plenty to read.  Here is what we did read, Polly the Polar Bear, If You Give a Pig a Party, If You Give a Pig a Pancake, Colorful Peacocks, Giant Pandas, A Pair of Polar Bears, Pam's Trip to the Park, Pumpkin Pie, Where is Home, Little Pip?

Songs: Pop Goes the Weasel or, as we like to sing in our house, Pop Goes the Toaster

All around the Pegump house,
The tummies are so hungry.
We can hardly wait to hear the sound,
Pop goes the toaster.

No comments: