Yesterday was Augie's birthday! Yes, our first 'child' turned 8 already.
We got her about three weeks after we got married when she was six weeks old and six pounds. I can still remember the first night with her in our bed and numerous trips outside to pee about one ounce. We love our dog and spoil her a lot! She had to take a back seat to another little girl about two and a half years ago, but we do still like to spoil her. She got a couple bones for her birthday and we took her to do one of her favorite activities...swimming in the creek!
Obviously, because of the dry weather, the creek is pretty low so we put some old clothes and water shoes on Aria and let her play, too!
I really can't say who had more fun. Aria got a big kick out of Augie splashing around and chasing her ball. She didn't mind when Augie shook the water off and got her all wet. We splashed and stomped up and down the creek and got all wet and muddy. It was so fun!
And Augie smiled her biggest smiles and wagged her tail constantly! When we got home, she didn't move for the rest of the night and I thought Justin was going to have to carry her upstairs to go to bed. I guess old age catches up to dogs, too.

No comments:
Post a Comment