7.11.2012
Ranch
If you ask Aria her favorite food, her immediate response is mac 'n cheese. If you are talking about any food in general, Aria will say, "I like mac 'n cheese." There is no doubt, my daughter loves mac 'n cheese. But I would like to challenge her claim of favorite with what I think it should be, ranch. As in the salad dressing. I don't know if it classifies as a food, but she eats it on anything. Whenever we are eating something I know Aria will say she doesn't like, I put a little bit of ranch on her plate and she will use that to mask the taste of whatever it is she doesn't like. It is pretty common on things like chicken, steak, vegetables (even if they are cooked), and potatoes. She even has an aunt who likes to eat ranch on pizza with her. The other night it was pineapple. And I've seen her dip blueberries in it, too (even though she loves blueberries). She'll often ask, "Can I dip my ________ in ranch?" I used to hesitate when I thought it was gross, but now I say go ahead. If it goes in her mouth, she has to chew and swallow so it is her problem if it is gross. Never once has she complained. Surprisingly, I don't think we've ever combined mac 'n cheese and ranch, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was requested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You could always give this a try... :)
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Ranch-Mac---Cheese
Post a Comment