On day 2 of our St. Louis trip we went to The Magic House children's museum. What a place! It is the largest and coolest children's museum I have ever been to and Aria had an absolute blast. I don't think I can begin to describe it all, so I will use some pictures to show our favorites.
This was just one of some very large musical instruments. Aria loves to sing and play music, so she was fascinated by these!
This is "Jack and the Beanstalk" to climb up and down between the levels of the museum. As soon as Aria saw it she was so excited to climb, but once she got in she was a little unsure. There were a ton of kids going both directions, mostly bigger than her, so I think that caused a little nerves.
This was a part of a "construction zone." This part had a big rock pit with toys to scoop, dig, and dump. It was outside (in the shade thankfully) otherwise I'm not sure how we would have got her away.
This picture is mostly for Papa. I called these lunimotors when I was little and loved riding in it with my dad! I figured he would love seeing a picture of Aria in it. And, she declared it was "just her size."
Water tables are always a hit for my child. This one almost wasn't because the floor was so slippery she took a big spill. She slipped so much she slammed her face on the floor, but through the tears she told me she wanted to play. It was in an area designated for kids 1-6, which I thought was pretty awesome!
I didn't get many good tunnels, bridges, and slides pictures, but they were very fun to play on in the younger kids area, too!
I loved the "wood chips" in this area. They were actually rubber, so no mess! Aria enjoyed playing with the dump trucks!
This was so cute I had to post it. The area was a Magic Treehouse books exhibit and maybe just a bit beyond Aria, but she did like playing on this cot inside a tent!
Here we've come to Aria's favorite part, the hospital nursery. It was absolutely adorable to watch her play with the babies and know exactly what to do! She is going to be such a great mommy someday!
Diapering...
Bathing...
And listening to hearts! You know who has captured that guy's in this picture!
This was another big hit, the play pizza parlor! Justin sat down at a table while Aria was playing and random kids kept coming up to him to take his order. It was great! Aria enjoyed pouring drinks, but also brought us some pizza and then put it back in the oven to "cool it off."
There were several play areas like the above two, a bank, a post office, a library, a vet's office, a garage to work on a car, and more. This place was just so amazing! It had things for kids of all ages. One thing I really liked was an area in the upstairs that had a mystery to solve with clues, a secret passageway, and codes to figure out. It would be a neat activity for kids 10+ to do while their little siblings play elsewhere! If you are in St. Louis, The Magic House, is definitely worth it! As soon as we left, Aria said, "I want to do that again!"
No comments:
Post a Comment