7.10.2012

The Letter V

Bible:  These dwindling letters of the alphabet are not very prevalent in the Bible without some creativity...which I'm short on in these summer months.  It doesn't mean we don't read the Bible, it just means I've been reading the "baby Jesus" story and Goliath a lot. 

Activities: Cue bad mom moment number 7021...

I definitely knew the reaction of diet pop and mentos.  It just didn't occur to me to have my daughter stand back a bit.  She loves to help so much, that I just wanted her to be able to be a part of it.  Needless to say, pop in the eyes was not the part she was looking for.  Now, whenever you say something about volcanoes, she says, "I don't like the pop!"

We also did a baking soda and vinegar volcano, which she liked better; less violence and pretty colors for the 'lava.'

People We Know: Vicki

Foods We Ate: vegetables, vanilla (dumped in a batch of cookies), Velveeta

Pictures to Color: van, vegetables, vacuum, volcano

Books: All About Vegetables, If I Were A Veterinarian, My 'v' Sound Box, Odd Velvet, Violet the Pilot, How Volcanoes Blow Their Tops (we just looked at the pictures because the words are way over Aria's head). 

Songs: I don't remember any!

No comments: