1.11.2013

Handprint

For Aria's first Christmas we started a tradition of giving the grandparents a handprint craft from her.  I think it is safe to post it as a tradition since they've gotten three handprints now.  Sorry if I ruined the surprise.  :)  The first year we did a mold of Aria's hand in clay.  Last year we used paint to put a handprint on some fabric and attached a pipe cleaner so it could be hung up.  This year, Aria was old enough to remember doing the handprint craft and pick what she wanted to do.  I showed her a few options and she chose a handprint wreath.  She picked the colors for each wreath.  Then we traced her hand on felt, foam, and construction paper to fill the wreath.  After all the hands were glued down, Aria decorated them with glitter glue and puff balls.  I added a strip in the middle that said 'Merry Christmas 2012.'  They were a hit!  It was a lot more fun to do it this year with Aria so much more capable.  I can only imagine what the next years will bring!

No comments: