1.05.2013

The Christmas Program

Where to start?  With the lack of Internet and Christmas, I got a tad behind in my blogging.  I have such a long list of things I want to write about, I'm not sure I'll ever get to them all in a timely fashion.  There are some things I don't want to leave unwritten because this is Aria's virtual scrapbook, after all.  So, I will start with one month ago, today, December 5 and Aria's Christmas program at church.  I did post the look-a-like pictures, but never talked much about the show.  I had planned to post some video, but I'll skip waiting for that to upload.  Besides, it wasn't my kid who stole the show.

The Christmas program at our church was put on by the two-year-old through second grade Sunday School classes.  The twos got to perform separately in the cute angel costumes.  They sang three songs, which they practiced for about six weeks prior to the program.  We were singing "Ring the Bells," "Jesus You Are Here With Me," and "Away in the Manger" all the time in our house.  But she knew the songs and all the motions very well.  There were probably 40ish twos up on the stage performing that night.  It was beyond adorable.  One of Aria's friends stole the show with her dramatic movements and extremely loud singing.  Once she knew the crowd was laughing at her, it encouraged her even more.  It was hilarious and it didn't surprise any of us who knew her. 

Besides enjoying my daughter's singing and the cuteness of the whole thing, I couldn't help but reminding myself over and over how lucky we are to be a part of such a wonderful family at our church.  We knew so many of the kids that were up on the stage in what will be Aria's school class in three years.  We knew a lot of the parents before we had Aria and we've met even more since she's been interacting with those kids in Sunday School.  Our church is huge.  I meet people all the time who attend it and I've never seen them there.  Some 2000+ walk through the doors every Sunday.  But we belong to an ABF and are involved in smaller groups  within the church to help us know our demographic well.  I'm so thankful for the families Aria will grow up with in our church and for the wonderful friendships we've established there!

My first french braid!

The wings


Walking the crew up to the stage


Waving to the family


The stars in the sky

Ring the bells
 

 
Our adorable little angel
 
 

No comments: