With an extremely verbal almost three-year-old in my house, I have the wonderful opportunity to hear how I sound. I hear the things I say come right back out of her mouth. Sometimes I don't even realize I say certain phrases or use them in certain contexts until I hear Aria use it. Then I have to reevaluate if it is something I want to say. It has been quite awhile since she said the following, but I've been on blog hiatus, so I'm just getting around to sharing it.
We were doing our normal bedtime stalling routine. Excuse me, by "we" I mean Aria. She was upset for a reason she couldn't specify, but I knew she just plain didn't want to go to bed. She was in her room sobbing for awhile and I was next door in my room and then I heard, "This is not a game, Mommy. I need a Kleenex." I laughed out loud at that one. Stalling is a well-used tactic in our house and apparently I have tried to make it clear that it is not a game.
I've also had Aria put her hands on my face and say, "Look into my eyes, Mommy." That is the best way to get someones attention.
We've had some trouble keeping Aria in her bed during naptime and at bedtime. She has to come out to "go potty." Most of the time I think it is just an excuse, but she does go. So, right before I leave her room every day, I remind her to stay in her bed. Her response, "You stay in your bed, too, Mommy." I wish.
And, even though this one isn't a repeat from me, it is pretty cute. She calls hand sanitizer, "hanitizer."
No comments:
Post a Comment