1.05.2013

SNOW!!!

It hardly snowed last year.  I was extremely disappointed because I LOVE the stuff!  I was also disappointed because I wanted to play in it with Aria.  Our warmer than average temperatures seemed to be putting this winter in that direction, too.  But, we were oh so lucky and had a wonderful big snowstorm right before Christmas!  It was really windy and cold the morning of the storm, but we had to go out in play in it!  It still takes us forever to get all our snow clothes on, but now we can stay out in it longer!!


I would like to point out these are the same snow pants Aria has used in three of the four winters of her life.  We didn't take her out to play in the snow shortly after birth in 2010.  In 2011, I put her in these way-y-y-y too big pants to sit in the snow for about 5 minutes.  She wasn't walking yet and wasn't real sure what to think of the stuff.  Last year we played 3 or 4 times out in the snow and the pants fit just about right.  This year I was stretching them until the snowpants went on sale at the "end of the season" (aka right now).  They are 2T and they are too short, but her boots are tall and they work!  And, they were hand me downs.  I got through all those snows without buying snowpants! 


I just love the huge smile on her face in this picture.  She was literally just thrilled to be out playing in the snow!  I don't know when I have had so much fun, either!


Our snowman, "Frosty." 


Again, just pure delight.  We built the snowman, rode on the sled, played in her little play house, went down the slide into a pile of snow, and had a wonderful time until we were too cold.  I'm not sure which one of us had the most fun!

No comments: