1.17.2013

Just the 3 of Us!

I think it is really important to have a day to celebrate Christmas with our immediate family.  Mom, Dad, and Aria.  And Augie.  We've done this for two years now and I have loved it each time.  We have dedicated an entire day to family time without phones or computers and celebrating Jesus' birth.  This year our day to celebrate fell on a Sunday, so we did go to church, but it was only for one service instead of our normal three.  When we came home we began by making birthday cupcakes for Jesus.  Aria picked strawberry cupcakes with chocolate frosting and sprinkles of course.  This year she could do so much of it herself:

First insert the cupcake papers

Next dump in the mix

Then crack the egg

Mix it all up

Spoon some into the mini cupcake pan

Lick the beaters

Frost the cupcakes

Add sprinkles--the best part

Enjoy!

And get it all over your face..

Just like Daddy :)
While the cupcakes were baking, it was Play-Doh time.  This is what you do with a brand new can of Play-Doh...

Like father...

Like daughter
I already posted about the "journey" Aria travelled as Mary.  That was certainly the highlight of my day.  We also opened our presents.  This year I vowed to take less pictures and just enjoy the moments.  I did record the whole thing from the tripod, but I'm not going to post a video from that.  We all enjoyed our presents.  I posted our family picture with our gifts (except Daddy forgot to hold his up and the next picture wasn't as good) yesterday.  It was a good day.  I wouldn't trade our little family for the world!  

No comments: