5.08.2013

Movin' Up

It was just a week or two ago that I posted about Aria mastering the ability to pedal.  I've learned Aria is the type to not really try very hard at all at something until she knows can do it perfectly.  Hmmm, don't know where she got that, but the initials are JP.  Ha!  Anyway, now that I could be confident she is an expert pedaler, I began looking for a bike to replace the tricycle.  She was rather scrunched on it.  I decided to hope for a garage sale purchase because I know this bike won't last much more than a year.  And on our first garage sale adventures of the year, we found the perfect bike!





Why is it perfect?  There are many reasons.  Reason #1 and by far more important to me than anything else is: IT IS NOT PINK!!  OR PRINCESS!!!  Every bike I saw in the store was pink princess, Barbie, girly, gross.  Okay, I know everyone doesn't share my dislike of pink, princess, girly stuff.  Even my daughter has been known to do girly things.  But I just wanted options in the bike department.  Actually, other than the fact that the bike is not pink, it was a great buy.  It was in excellent condition and it was $10.  I couldn't pass it up.  Aria was actually not very excited about it at first.  See perfectionist syndrome above.  But she has ridden it every day and become quite good in a short time.  I know she loves it now.  It is still sinking in that my child is old enough and big enough to be riding a bike.



In other garage sale news, we also purchased an Ariel sleeping bag that was a lot more exciting, at first, than the bike.

And, she is still quite good at the scooter, too.




No comments: