5.05.2013

Shorts

There are many things to enjoy about warmer weather converging on us.  I love having windows open.  I love spending time outside.  I love parks, picnics, bike rides, t-ball in the yard, and throwing a Frisbee for my dog.  I love the smell of freshly mowed grass.  But I have decided my most favorite thing about warmer weather is shorts.  And not even my own shorts.  Shorts for the three-year-old living in my house.  I've talked before about her long torso and short legs and the pants problem.  She is a bit backwards from a lot of kids I know in that she grows out of the waist before the length.  Well guess what?  With shorts that is not a problem! 

In our short weather so far Aria has worn two different pairs of size 24 month shorts!  One of the shorts she got for her FIRST birthday.  We are wearing them in summer number 3!  Not having a bulky diaper is allowing all of her shorts from last summer to still fit.  Since there really isn't a length issue with shorts (unless they are made way too short), we're set!  I do have to chuckle to myself when she has on 24 month shorts and a girls size 5 shirt, but who really cares.  I'm just thrilled we don't have much of a wardrobe to purchase this summer!  Although there is now the possibility of actually wearing out clothes.  I've noticed the amount of grass stain and dirt has increased exponentially with the abilities of a three-year-old.  The number of baths this summer will have to increase, too.  Watching my girl ride a bike, hit a softball, pick up worms, do somersaults off swings, ride a glider, and proclaim, "Mommy I want to stay out here forever," makes it all worth it!

No comments: