One of my new favorite children's books is The Three Trees by Elena Pasquali. There are actually many different versions, but the link is the one we have checked out from the library. I heard about it from a friend and I sort of copied her idea. A little. In the book, each tree has a dream of what it wants to become someday. A very natural question to ask your child while reading is, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" I thought I might have to explain the question a bit more to Aria, but she had an answer right away.
"I want to be a teacher." A girl after her mom's heart!
"What would you like to teach?"
"I want to teach about songs and how to dance and be silly."
"So, kind of like a music teacher?"
"Yeah!!" (with enthusiasm)
Honestly, knowing my daughter and her character and personality at three, I couldn't think of a better occupation for her. I imagine she was describing her music class teacher from our Music Together classes. We learn songs, fun hand motions, and silly dances. She loves the class and really admires her teacher. I could totally see her doing that someday! Of course, we've got a few years and I'm sure many mind changes ahead of us. But I love seeing how Aria pictures herself in the future. It gave me even more insight into the music-loving child I already knew.
Also, back to the book, it is incredible! The three trees are chopped down. One becomes the manger for Jesus, one becomes the ship Jesus was on when he told the storm to "Be still," and the last becomes the cross. It is a fabulous book! Check it out and read it to your kids!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment