5.14.2013

Summer on May 14

Today we did this:


Changed her mind.  Actually, she did this:


And it is May 14.  It was 93 degrees!  Apparently, according to KCRG, the average first 93 degree high is June 29.  Average.  For weather in Iowa, is there such a thing?  Anyway, Aria has been asking and asking to get her pool out.  Like as soon as we didn't need a coat outside.  So I promised we could get it out as soon as it was 90.  Today I fulfilled my promise.  Originally I told her she could swim after her nap.  We went outside to water the plants around 10 and it was warmer than I expected, so we she dove in.  The water was ice cold, but she didn't much care.


See, you can go under the waterfall!

I decided my favorite thing is experiencing something from the new season for the first time.  Last year when we had this pool out, she hated the sprinkler.  We couldn't turn it on very high or she cried.


Besides sticking her face in it, she sat on it and let it spray up her swim suit top.  She also discovered her hair is a lot longer than last summer and it is fun to stick it in the water.


She didn't even sit down in her pool last summer, let alone lay down.



She also got pretty adventurous on the slide.


She was on a loop all afternoon using the kick board to go down the slide.  She was having a blast.  I loved that she was much more independent in her playing.  I practically had to get in with her in the past and today I could just sit and watch and take a lot of pictures and video.  We also played with squirt guns, which she couldn't physically use last summer.  Believe me, she knows how to use them now! 

If today was any indicator, our summer is going to be a huge splash!



No comments: