6.08.2013

Aria's First (Pretend) Sleepover

Aria's good friend Eadie asked her mom over and over again to have a sleepover.  Both of us thought 3 was just a bit too young to do that, but a pretend sleepover could be quite awesome!  So last Friday we packed up Aria's suitcase and sleeping bag (an Ariel one recently purchased for $1 at a garage sale) and headed for Eadie's house.  We had to bring pajamas, a game, three stuffed animals, a baby doll, and her ladybug night light.  That pretty much filled up the Hello Kitty suitcase.  If it would have been up to her, I think we would have brought her entire room.  On the flip side, Eadie was requesting bunk beds and bunk bathtubs for the night.  These girls were quite excited! 

We had a fun night of playing with toys, an outdoor meal of grilled pizza, watermelon, and salad, running around outside, playing games, eating yummy snacks and popcorn, getting into pajamas and sleeping bags, and watching a Tinkerbell movie.  It had all the perks of a good ol' fashioned sleep over, without the sleeping over part.  It was fun to be able to participate in the sleepover with Aria since Eadie's parents are such great friends of ours!  I see a possible vacation together in our future!  It was also fun for Aria to play a game with someone her age instead of just mom and dad all the time.  I do think we may have worn out our welcome, though, because as we left (near 10 pm), Eadie was headed upstairs saying, "I need to go to bed."  I'm sure those words don't come out of her mouth very often.  It was certainly a fun night and it made me excited for the days of real sleepovers in our future. 

No comments: