12.31.2013

2013 Favorite Pictures

I am kind of a reflective person.  Ok, really reflective and nostalgic.  Anyway, I thought it would be fun to end the year with my 12 favorite pictures from our year.  Here it goes...


This picture was taken on Aria's 3rd birthday, January 29, 2013.  I am not sure why I love it so much other than her very natural smile and joy about her birthday.  It also makes me laugh to think about the fish fiasco.  It took us three tries and a whole lot of water testing, but we have had our beloved betta, Emily (not who you see in the picture) since March.


This was taken on February 28, 2013, Jaime's senior night at Iowa.  We had so much fun watching all the games there last year.  It was fun to support Jaime and foster a love for basketball and the Hawkeyes in Aria.  She still says she is going to play basketball at Carver Hawkeye Arena.


This was taken on Easter Sunday.  I just love how much fun Aria has with my parents and my parents have with Aria.  They have such a special bond and I am so glad we get to spend every Sunday together.


This was taken on May 10 for Aria's first ever organized sport, Blast Ball.  Blast Ball was an absolute blast for Aria and for Justin and I.  She loved getting to hit the ball and run the bases.  This picture also makes me laugh because this was picture day and we forgot.  I was feeling bad about forgetting and we were late and Aria was not in the mood to have her picture taken with the group.  So, at the end of the night, we went over in the grass and got this shot.  I think it is way better than my $12 would have bought from the company that was there taking pictures.


This was taken on the Fourth of July with Aria's good friend, Eadie.  Their friendship has really blossomed this year.  When these two are together, they go off and play by themselves and it has really made me realize I now have a little girl who makes a lot of choices on her own, instead of a toddler who has everything dictated to her.  I am so thankful for their friendship and for my friendship with Eadie's mom!


This is a picture from my baptism on August 7.  I am so thankful that Robin had her camera posed and ready and got great shots of each stage.  I love how I am being raised to new life in this picture! 


This picture is from August 11 at Niagara Falls.  Our vacation was filled with so many awesome memories.  I could have stood and watched Niagara Falls forever.  This picture was by such random chance.  A guy asked us to take a picture of him and the woman he was with.  He had a really nice camera, so I knew he would take a good one of us and he was happy to return the favor.  I'm not sure we could have professionally staged a better shot.


As the sign says, this was Aria's first day of preschool on September 11.  We have had a blast doing our preschool coop this year.  Aria is certainly learning and growing and having lots of great opportunities.  This whole old enough for preschool thing sure happened fast!


This was our friendly family house divided rivalry for the National League Championship series between the Dodgers and Cardinals in October.  We took this picture on the night the Cardinals clinched the series and advanced to the World Series.  Of course, the picture was before the game.  :)  We had fun cheering boys against girls!


This is from a random morning on November 8.  Aria doesn't have a sibling to play with, so Augie fills the void.  This time Augie got to play dress up.  She is such a patient dog! 


This is bright and early on Sunday, December 1.  Aria got to sing in big church with her Little Praises choir that day.  This is the best dressed up Christmas picture I have ever gotten of Aria.  And, if you zoom close enough, you can see the largest sty that ever existed on her left eye.  What a nasty experience, but it sure didn't take away any of her cute factor!


Christmas Eve.  These two fill up my whole heart.  I love watching them interact together.  There is nothing like the bond between Daddy and daughter.  I know just how special it is!  This was after completing Aria's new tree house Lego set together. 

No comments: