12.12.2013

Cinderella

I'm not sure who came up with the idea for Playtime Poppy.  I do know it was more than 60 years ago.  And I know that it is a fabulous thing!  We took Aria to the production of Cinderella last week and it was fabulous!  I'm not real big on princesses, but Aria has picked up a love for them somewhere so she was thrilled to watch live princess action. 

What I love about Playtime Poppy in general is the chance for high school students to put on fun shows for young audiences.  I think a lot of the shows give opportunities to underclassmen for these shows, which is great.  They work so hard and practice long hours and then become stars to all the young people who come to watch.  I love that for those kids.

I also love the chance for my kid to see live productions at such a low cost.  They are also usually a good length and we always get to meet the characters when the show is over.  I think that is Aria's favorite part.

Back to Cinderella.  The show had wonderful music and dancing.  It had funny characters and polished performers.  Of course Aria's favorite was Cinderella.  I liked the mice and the funny dancer guys who were basically entertaining the audience while Cinderella changed clothes.  That would be another reason I love the shows; they usually have something that is entertaining for adults, too.

Usually I have a rule that our princess dress up dresses don't leave the house, but we made an exception for Cinderella and dressed like a princess for the show.  Aria was thrilled to get comments about her dress from all the high school girls in princess dresses from the show.  I guess she is a pretty cute princess!

 

No comments: