2.25.2012

Contagion

Justin and I watched the movie 'Contagion' last weekend.  It was a good one!  I remember seeing ads for it when it was in the theaters, but we never got around to going.  I was intrigued because I really enjoyed the movie 'Outbreak' back in the 90s.  We also like the intellectual thriller-type movies.  Basically the storyline is that a strange new disease has been discovered and is killing people quickly all over the world.  The CDC and the WHO work hard to try and figure out what it is and to stop it.  Throughout the movie, they highlighted how the disease was transmitted showing how germs spread from handing someone your credit card to opening doors, to drinking out of glasses in restaurants.  It gave me the willies!  I briefly considered wearing different pairs of gloves whenever I touch anything someone else has touched.  It got over it pretty quick, but it is pretty disgusting to think about all the germs out there.  Anyway, the movie was good.  We definitely both enjoyed it.  I was left feeling a little disappointed at the very end, but not enough to put down the movie as a whole.  If you like intellectual thrillers and can handle watching the spread of germs, check out Contagion!

No comments: