2.24.2012

David and Goliath

It's 'D' week at our house and I've been so excited for this activity ever since my awesome friend did it with her son!  Today, we read the story of David and Goliath from this Bible (which has been a fun Bible to have because it has a cd of songs that came with it).  Aria is slightly familiar with the story, but doesn't talk about it on her own like she does Jonah and Daniel.  I think it will be different now.  After we read the story, we taped four pieces of paper together and made a giant Goliath.  We colored him, gave him a beard, put sandals on his feet, and made him a sword.  When Goliath was finished, we taped him up on the wall and threw "stones" at him!  What a blast!  Aria really enjoys to "throw things" at Goliath.  I'm not sure she is processing the whole story, but she can retell a little bit.  However, I'm thinking I should have saved the story for 'G' week because she talks more about Goliath than she does David.  Oh well, we can get it back out in a few weeks and do it again!  Thank you, Deborah, for your awesome creativity and letting me steal your idea to do with Aria!  What a great way to help her learn a Bible story and to be able to throw things!    

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Our Goliath was up on the wall for weeks! Glad you are having fun!