2.26.2012
Fareway
I've become a bit of a grocery snob. Or maybe snob is not the right word, but I take my grocery shopping seriously. I constantly battle between cheap and good quality; saving money and choosing the healthiest options. We all know, by far and away, my favorite place to get groceries is Hy Vee. But, I'm constantly feeling like I spend way too much money there. Recently, their Health Market, their service, and the freshness of their products has been winning my internal struggle. Today we set out to get groceries at Hy Vee. I had a short list and was not expecting to spend much; the kind of weeks I'm really happy to go to Hy Vee. On a whim, I saw an ad in the newspaper for $2.99 ground chuck at Fareway. That's a pretty good price in my opinion, so I decided to go there just to get some meat. When we went in, Aria was instantly sold on the place because of the cool, red race car cart. That is a big plus for staving off whining and pulling things off shelves. I was impressed with some prices that I saw, so I started shopping. Pretty soon I was halfway down my list and I realized I was going to be getting my groceries at Fareway this week. One of the things I really liked was their competitor pricing. They had the same price as a lot of the Hy Vee deals I wrote down. In fact, the little signs said, "competitor pricing." The quality of the produce was great, which is another big thing for me. Overall, their prices were cheaper than Hy Vee, but probably not quite as cheap as Aldi. However, their service was great! I did have a short list and it didn't have anything too out of the ordinary on it, so I'll have to reserve my complete judgement until I try it a few more times. I will definitely be watching for their ads more often and may get a happy medium balance for my constant grocery budget struggle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment