My recent decline in blog posts was mostly due to planning a middle school girls retreat for church. It's not that the planning took every hour of my day, it just took the time that formerly was allotted to blogging, napping, or spending useless time on the computer. Well, we had the retreat last weekend and I think it was a success! It was small with only 21 girls, but it was fun! We stayed at church, in the basement, played games, ate junk food, worshiped, made duck tape creations, painted fingernails, and learned about getting rid of insecurities and being proud of who God made us. What I enjoyed was the chance to get to know 21 girls just a little bit better. I enjoyed watching them play hide and seek, spin themselves in toilet paper, attempt to use a pencil elevator to lift candy into their mouth, and stack dice on a popsicle stick in their mouth. I loved watching them worship our Lord and seeing their sincere interest in our speakers. I was exceptionally pleased with their excellent behavior and ability to follow rules and not complain. I much appreciated their feedback on the evaluations for what was good, what was not good, and what to do in the future. They were honest, appreciative, and had great ideas!
I worried and stressed over planning this event and it turned out wonderful. I had a lot of wonderful people who helped me out and great girls attend the event. I don't know what I was so worried about. It happens almost every time I worry about any event; I worry constantly, but when it gets here, I am so glad I got to do it. Exactly the same with this retreat. Did we follow my schedule to the minute? Are you kidding?!?! Were there things I didn't think of? Always. Did it keep us from having a blast? No way!
Now I can get back to my regularly scheduled blogging and laziness in the afternoons! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment