8.07.2011

Golden

Today is our golden anniversary!  No, we haven't been married for 50 years, yet, just seven years on the seventh!  I'm sure you've all heard of the golden birthday, aka star birthday (which I get to celebrate later this month).  I'm not sure if it applies to anniversaries, but I'm going to!  I think it is probably more for approximately five to 12 year olds to point out if their star birthday falls in those years of life, but oh well.  I am a numbers person and I really like the number seven.  And, I like my husband, a lot!  I can't believe it's been seven years, yet it feels like I've been with Justin my whole life.  He is my best friend, my soul mate, my other half.  God knew exactly what he was doing when he placed us together.  We compliment, challenge, and love each other so deeply.  I am so thankful for a wonderful marriage that grows stronger every day and for August 7th to celebrate every year! 

For our golden day we went to a water park sans child.  Even though we spent time scoping out how much fun Aria would have at the park, we really enjoyed having some married couple time.  No I don't have any cute pictures or videos of our experience because I don't think pictures of two almost 30 year olds are even remotely as fun to look at as pictures of a very cute 18 month old.  And because we didn't even bring the camera.  It is amazing how much lighter the load is when we go somewhere without Aria.  Anyway, we had a blast!  It was fun to go down the adult slides, scream, laugh, and enjoy each other's company.  It was a beautiful day and the park wasn't too busy!  Thanks, Justin for a great day and for a great seven years!  I love you so much!

No comments: