3.30.2012

All Around Easter

Our church has what are called Family Fun Nights on Wednesday nights.  Recently, Justin has taken Aria to a few of them while I am at middle school youth group.  I have been really impressed!  Aria has planted seeds, made homemade ice cream, decorated cookies, written cards to missionaries, and learned all about Easter!  Last night was set up in stations.  At each station, parents and kids did an activity to learn part of the Easter story.  Justin and Aria made palm branches, washed feet, hit their sins out of the park, laid their sins in Jesus' tomb, put a flower on the cross, wrote who they were praying for on a rock, and probably some other things I didn't hear about.  We have started reading the Easter story every morning at breakfast and opening Resurrection eggs (which I need to post about), so Aria already knew about a few of the things they did at church.  However, that knowledge helped her have even more fun.  I didn't get to participate, which sometimes makes me sad, but it is awesome daddy-daughter time for them.  She was excited to tell me about it this morning and wanted to show me her crafts.  I am so thankful for a church that educates the little ones and makes it fun for them, too.  If you have a little one and go to our church, you should definitely check out Family Fun Nights!

No comments: