It was nice we were in Milwaukee to start off 'E' week because we saw elephants and rode in an elevator, both things Aria thoroughly enjoyed. I just can't easily replicate that here at home! And, we put new Elmo sheets and blanket on her bed!
Bible Stories: We read about Eve and Elijah this week. Aria is starting to grasp that God made everything, which we talk about whenever I read Adam and Eve. She also knows that Adam and Eve did not obey God. Elijah is a little harder. Her Bible has a very short part about Elijah, but the main point is that God answers our prayers. We pray about things a lot so she can follow that.
Food: We tried eggplant (all of us) for the first time. None of us were really a fan. At least we tried a new thing and a new recipe! We also had a new enchilada recipe. We had the standard pbj in the shape of an 'E' and an egg. The best new food was hard-boiled eggs! It was a great experience. I let Aria color the eggs first.
When I took the cracked egg on the left out of the carton, it was basically glued to the carton, so it cracked that perfect hole in the egg. It was a wonderful coincidence because Aria got to see the inside of the egg with the shell in tact.
As she was coloring the eggs, she figured out she could "open" them. She really enjoyed peeling off the shell.
When we got the shell all peeled off, she said, "eat it." I was shocked that she brought it up because I have never gotten her to eat eggs. I've only tried scrambled, but she has always refused them. She took a big bite of the hard boiled egg white and loved it! She tried the yolk, too, but didn't like it as much.
Later that day, for supper, I made fried egg sandwiches. She watched me crack the raw eggs and enjoyed seeing the difference between that and the hard boiled eggs. She also ate the fried egg!
People: Holy cow we have a lot of 'E' friends! They are Evelyn, Eadie, Evie, Esther, Emma, Erin, Ella, Elmo, Ernie, and Eeyore! We had several of those friends over for play group, which was a lot of fun! It was also cool to see Aria pick a friend to pray for each day.
E Pictures: We colored a big picture of Eeyore one day that was a lot of fun. We also colored an elephant, envelope, elbow, and egg.
Books: We went to the library this week and checked out books for e, f, g, and h. For each letter, we have gotten a book that just focuses on the letter. The 'Ee' book was horrible. It had maybe one or two words that actually started with 'e' and just highlighted words with 'e' in the middle. Not where we are yet, but Aria still loves those books for some reason. I tried to do more non-fiction books this time and she enjoyed looking at the pictures of elephants. She really loved the book about eagles. We followed reading it by going to this website, which is a camera on a live eagle nest in Decorah! It isn't too interesting yet because the eagle is just sitting on the eggs, but it will be pretty awesome when they hatch!
No comments:
Post a Comment