At the beginning of March, we made the switch to a big girl bed....in other words, we took the side off her crib. I was very nervous about this transition for many months leading up to it. I was just sure I was never going to keep my child in her bed and she would not sleep anymore. I didn't write about it on here because I was just waiting to see how it really went.
How did it really go? AMAZING! I don't know why I spend so much time worrying about things. What really seems to be the difference in making transitions is if I do them when I am ready or if I do them when Aria is ready. If I try to force something, it often doesn't work. But if I let Aria show (or tell) me that she's ready, usually the transition is seamless.
Shortly before Christmas, Aria climbed out of her crib. When that happened, I really scolded her and made sure she understood she was never to get out of bed until Mommy or Daddy came to get her. I think that really stuck with her because we had only two small incidents. One time she was out of bed playing when I went to get her up in the morning and the other time she had toys in her bed with her before she went to sleep for a nap. She knew she had disobeyed and we haven't had any problems since. In fact, today, she was yelling, "I need fishies" from her bed when she woke up from her nap for about 15 minutes, but she didn't get up!
It's so nice that she can get in and out of her bed on her own. She likes to play in there and have about 20 stuffed animals in bed with her. She also hasn't fallen out, but that's mostly due to the little side rail that she is usually slammed up against. I just love how much she's growing up!
In related news...she is absolutely NOT interested in potty training. Just plain isn't ready. And I'm not going to push her!
No comments:
Post a Comment