3.20.2013

Diego Jesus

In my hunt for objects to use in my modified Resurrection Eggs this year, I was struggling to come up with a Jesus.  Aria has a Little People Nativity, so we had baby Jesus from that.  I wish there was some sort of Little People set with big Jesus.  I went shopping for some sort of figurine I could turn into Jesus, but nothing quite fit.  I then remembered we own a Diego figurine and thought he would do just fine for Jesus as a boy at the temple. 


As you can see, I gave him a robe and belt to make him more Jesus-like.  Well, I read the story and used the Little People to act it out.  Aria loved it!  However, she kept wanting me to use baby Jesus for Jesus instead of my makeshift boy Jesus.  This was exactly why I wanted to do these things, to help her understand Jesus as a little baby grew up and became the same Jesus that died on the cross.  Finally, I put away baby Jesus so he wasn't a distraction and Aria started using the boy Jesus, only always referring to him as Diego Jesus. 

I tried.


No comments: