3.23.2013

Learning About Jesus

My pseudo-resurrection eggs have been generating some excellent conversations with Aria lately.  She is really thinking about Heaven and what it means to follow Jesus.  Today, she wanted to know where you went if you didn't go to Heaven.  So, I told my three-year-old about Hell.  I wasn't going to avoid the question.  I told her Hell was a dark, scary, lonely place with a mean guy named Satan.  She didn't think it sounded very good at all.  I don't either.

On a lighter note, we've had a lot of fun acting out events from Jesus' life.  Here is a picture of the people from Jesus' baptism


Orange is John the Baptist, yellow is Jesus, and white is the dove.  Aria really enjoyed dunking Jesus and John the Baptist in the water.  Her favorite part was making Jesus sparkle (with glitter) when he came out of the water, as the text in her Jesus Storybook Bible stated. 

Today we read the story of Jesus feeding 5,000.  Aria ran out and opened the egg before I got out there with her and she ate the two fish, so I had to replace them.  We set the 2 fish and the 5 loaves of bread on the table and she agreed that wouldn't feed 5,000.  She got a kick out of me dumping a whole bag of fish and a loaf of sandwich bread on the table to show how much more Jesus made it into.


There is so much learning going on, I am kicking myself for only doing these types of things to lead up to Christmas or Easter.  I need to do a better job of planning special activities to learn about Jesus each week, regardless of time of year.  Hopefully the questions Aria is asking and the conversations we are having will inspire me to keep going with the learning! 

No comments: