3.29.2013

Peck's Bunny Trail

I'm not big on the Easter bunny or Easter egg hunts.  I don't want to tie those things to the Easter holiday.  Easter is about celebrating our risen Lord.  Now that I have a three year old who is interested in all the fun activities available in our great city, I'm torn between letting her enjoy those activities and separating religious holidays from secular traditions. 

Today we found a great activity that was the right kind of balance for me.  Peck's Flower Shop put on a Bunny Tail Treasure Hunt.  They put bunny footprints throughout their store that led to eggs with candy, cute baby animals, and of course a "mascot bunny."  What I decided was to celebrate spring.  It doesn't have to be the "Easter" bunny or an "Easter" egg hunt.  At Peck's it wasn't a free for all, running around a grabbing gobs of eggs loaded with candy.  Aria got four eggs that had candy in them.  We took a picture by the bunny, pet a live bunny, and saw 4 day old baby goats.  We were there 20 or 30 minutes and had a good time.  Aria said her favorite was the baby goats and the mascot bunny.  We didn't mention Easter at all.  It was my kind of thing!





No comments: