3.19.2013

The Tomb

I saw an activity I wanted to try on one of my favorite blogs: a Resurrection garden.  It looked simple enough and I thought Aria would enjoy making it and watching the grass grow.  We couldn't find a small flower pot, so I bought a black, plastic cup meant for the bathroom.  I also didn't buy rocks, but got some from our landscaping.  We had some grass seed and potting soil (but I did buy more). It turned out to be a pretty cheap project.  And, Aria did enjoy putting it together.

I had to help bury the cup and make a dirt mound.  It was a little tricky, but she did put dirt on it.  Then came the rocks.

This requires lots of squirts of water...and we like spraying with a water bottle.

We didn't quite need so much grass seed in one little spot...

More water, of course.

Our finished product with 3 crosses and a big rock to cover the tomb.

It has been about a week and there aren't any signs of grass growing, yet.  I'm starting to get a bit nervous.  The biggest problem is lack of sun, which I can't make come out on my own.  But we spray our tomb daily and Aria tells any visitors that, "the tomb is for Jesus and on Easter we celebrate Jesus is alive!"

We might put some sort of Jesus in the tomb on Good Friday and take the rock away on Easter.  I'm really hoping the grass grows so we can talk about life growing out of His death.  Even if it doesn't, it is a wonderful daily reminder of why we celebrate Easter. 

No comments: