4.14.2012

Courageous

If you are reading this and you are a dad, you need to watch the movie, Courageous.
If you are reading this and you have a dad, you need to tell him to watch the movie, Courageous.
If you are reading this and you have a husband, who is the father of your children, you need to watch the movie, Courageous, with him.
If you are reading this and you are thinking about being a dad someday, you need to watch the movie, Courageous.
If you are reading this and you know anyone who is a dad, tell him to watch the movie, Courageous.

Do you catch my drift?  Courageous is an amazing, powerful movie.  We were in tears numerous times as we watched it last night.  Yes, I said we.  I don't think my husband will mind people knowing he cried because the reason he cried is so incredible.  The movie inspired him to be an even better father to his daughter.  He said it hit him right between the eyes. 

I liked the movie a lot, too.  It is the story of a group of police officers who all have various shadows in their past and trials in their lives that cause them to want to become better fathers.  They are all at different points in their faith journey and use each other to become better men.  Fabulous story. 

I have an amazing husband and he is an amazing father, but it warms my heart and makes me feel so good to know he wants to become even better.  The fact that the message of the movie resonated so much with him shows me that God and his family are the most important things to him and that I will always be well taken care of when it comes to having a spiritual leader in our home. 

If you haven't already, watch the movie, Courageous.  We give it four thumbs up!

No comments: