When it is 'I' week that means you eat ice cream every day, right? I wish! And Aria wishes, too. We only ate it twice, somehow!
Bible: We read about Isaac in the Bible. I didn't spend a lot of time on Isaac because we were doing Resurrection Eggs for Easter and reading a lot of Easter Bible parts (and I still need to post about the eggs!) But, we read the story and Aria followed along really well. I am amazed at how intently she listens (when she wants to).
Activity: Aria loves "I Spy" books. She especially likes the ones that have the character, Seymour, in them. She likes searching for all the random objects. So, I created three "I Spy" around our house games. I took pictures of random objects around our house and then put them on a Word doc and printed it off. We had an I Spy Upstairs, I Spy Downstairs, and I Spy Outside. Aria enjoyed finding each object and crossing it off our list. I liked seeing the wheels turning inside her head as she recognized the pictures and thought about where the things were. Definitely a fun activity, easy to create, and countless possibilities.
People We Know: Inwards Family, Izzy (from Wild Animal Babies) --Don't worry our J list will more than make up for not knowing any 'I' first name people.
Food: ice cream, Italian food night, Italian bread
Pictures to color: Iowa (the state), Iowa flag, iguana, igloo, ink, ice, ice cream, insects
Books: We didn't make it to the library this week. I'm sure there are some great 'I' books, but I just get there. We did read one we own, "I Love You Through and Through."
Songs: I've been wanting to add songs to our week specific to the letter, but Aria is so particular about what songs she wants to sing/listen to. This week, she was open to hearing a new one and I sang, "I've Been Workin on the Railroad." We also sang "Itsy Bitsy Spider."
No comments:
Post a Comment