4.29.2012

The Letter L

I'm a little behind in my posting, but we are still having fun with our letters of the week!  Here is what we did for L.

Bible Stories:  I didn't find any characters that start with L that fit Aria's level of understanding.  We did read Daniel and the Lions den, which is a staple in our reading list.  I decided to focus on the story of Ruth and Naomi because that is what she learned about in Sunday School last week.


Activities: We made a ladybug puppet! 




























I got the idea from this website, only I bought red paper plates to use instead of painting some.  I made the base for her and she glued on the spots and eyes.  She also put in the antennae.  It was a lot of fun!  She really enjoyed a book we read about ladybugs, so it was a fun connection! 

We also got to have our friend Levi come over for a sleepover while his mommy and daddy went on a trip.  We had tons and tons of fun!



People We Know: Levi, Lycan, Luke, Lindsay, Lindsay (yes there are two and they are both pregnant...crazy!)

Food: lasagna, linguine, lollipop, lettuce, lunch :)  I wanted to make something lemon, but she doesn't like citrus.

Pictures to Color: ladybug, lion, lemon/lime, leaves

Books: We read non-fiction books about lemurs and leaves, and a fun one called Ladybug, Ladybug, What Are You Doing?.  We also read our book called Let's Leap and Jump.  We also read My 'L' Sound Box.  Aria got new magazine in the mail, too, that had a big picture of a lion on it, which was a fun coincidence. 

Songs: Jesus Loves Me, Lukey's Boat, Lead Me

Oh and we laughed... a lot! She even developed a fake laugh.  Pretty cute!

No comments: