Almost at the end of 'L' week, I'm having a hard time remembering all that went with 'K' week. I'll give it my best...
Bible: We read stories of Jesus appearing to his disciples and then ascending into the clouds to finish up the Resurrection Eggs. Not much to do with 'K' week, but I did talk about how Jesus is our King. I think we read a story about King David, too.
Activities: We gave Aria a purple kite with a kitty on it and got to fly it briefly on Easter Sunday. It didn't work too well at our house because of all the wind blocks from houses and trees. We wanted to go to a park to fly the kite another day, but the weather never cooperated. Believe me it wasn't because of a lack of wind...we would not have returned with the kite in those gale force winds! I also bought some Kool-Aid for the first time and thought Aria would be really excited about making it since she always loves making, "lemonade." But, she absolutely did not want to make it. I couldn't figure out why, either. So, we didn't make the Kool-Aid.
People We Know: Kiah, Karis, Kanga
Food: kabobs (new recipe...very awesome!), Key Lime pie (Aria wasn't a fan), Kix, Special K, Kisses, Kit Kat, kettle korn, kale, kiwi, ketchup, Rice Krispies
Pictures to Color: king, kitty, kite, koala, kangaroo
Books: We read non-fiction books about kangaroos, koalas, and My k Sound Box.
Songs: I didn't find one song that Aria already knew or that I thought she'd enjoy that starts with 'K'. :(
Oh and we did practice kicking both in the air and at swimming lessons!
No comments:
Post a Comment