A friend of mine recently directed me to a website about completely eliminating processed foods from your diet. She and her family are going for it 100%. I am the kind of person who has to make gradual changes or I feel like a failure the second I don't follow my new rule. However, I am liking the idea of eating whole foods. I like to be healthy and I want Aria to enjoy many kinds of healthy foods, too. Our first attempt at making one of the whole food recipes was these banana pancakes. Wow! They were delicious! Aria and I both gobbled them up! Justin hasn't tried them yet. It did take me longer to make them then regular Bisquick pancakes, but they were worth the wait. We also only had blueberry syrup in the house, so we had healthy pancakes with sugary syrup. The batch I made yielded 9 extra large pancakes. I followed the suggestion and froze the rest. I am excited to get them out and have them again. Usually Aria's request for breakfast is Rice Krispies. Today she asked for pancakes. I think that means she gave them her full endorsement!
I need to do some more research and plan for some new recipes and ingredients, but I am excited to buy more whole foods. That also means more shopping at Hy-Vee!! Even though it will cost more money, I have decided our health is worth it. I am also willing to make sacrifices in other areas if necessary. I have a feeling it will equal out, though, because when I shop at Wal-Mart I can always make an excuse to buy Aria that shirt or toy or some other random thing we don't need. At Hy-Vee I won't have that luxury, so I'll just buy the healthy foods!
No comments:
Post a Comment