1.31.2012

Letter of the Week

I have an amazing friend, who I think is like super mom, that I refer to on here very often, but never by name.  She knows who she is and several of you readers probably know, too.  Anyway, a little over a year ago, she began doing letter of the week activities with her two and a half year-old child.  I thought it was the coolest idea ever and I couldn't wait to do it myself!  Well, Aria turned two on Sunday and I think starting off 'A' week with 'A'ria's birthday on Sunday was too perfect to pass up.  Aria was on board immediately and knew that 'A' is for Aria.  Now the challenge of showing her that 'A' is for other things, too.  I'm not planning a pre-school program or a home-school curriculum.  She is only two.  But I am going to start pointing out things in the world around her a little bit more.  Aria is a curious little girl who wants to know and understand everything.  Focusing on a letter a week will just help me teach her about things I would otherwise pass up.  It will give us some variety and encourage us to try new things!  I plan to report what we learned about each letter as a part of my virtual scrapbook and to see her progress.  Check out what we did for the letter 'A' at the end of the week!

No comments: