1.05.2012

Outside Vocabulary

Today is January 5.  It was approximately 55 degrees.  Playing outside in January is supposed to consist of making snowmen and snowangels.  Your fingers are supposed to be red from cold and you are supposed to drink hot chocolate when you come inside.  Nevertheless, it was fun to play outside today.  We haven't played in our backyard for at least two months.  It surprised me to hear Aria talk about the outdoors.  Swing, slide, sand, and wagon were all words she had two months ago, but not with the clarity she spoke them today.  I was probably the only one who understood them two months ago when they were used one word at a time.  But today Aria was speaking in phrases about the things she enjoys to do outside.  It is so amazing to me how much her vocabulary and speaking ability changes in just a couple of months.  I would not have realized this if the weather had not been ridiculous for January.  I am still rooting for massive snowstorms and feet of snow, but I will take the smiles and fresh air. 

No comments: