1.01.2012

Remember Forever

Aria is at that stage where I wish someone would invent video recording glasses so I could just wear the glasses all the time and record everything she says and does.  She has so many cute words, phrases, and actions that I just can't capture at all.  And sometimes, rushing to get the video camera ruins the moment.  This blog is kind of like my virtual baby book/journal.  I hope to be able to go back and show Aria all kinds of stuff on here when she is older.  I tried to start a section on here called Toddler Tidbits where I could post random cute things, but I haven't been doing a very good job of posting things lately.  So here are just a few things as of late that I hope to remember forever.

1. Did you know the song, "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" is really about Aria?  'Glo-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh   oh-oh-oh-oh-oh   oh-oh-oh-oh-Aria'   Absolutely adorable to hear her sing it!  And she just heard it on the radio one day and started singing.

2.  Speaking of singing, I also can't get enough of her singing "Great our God.  Sing with me.  Great our God." 

3.  She has officially nicknamed herself, "Arie"  (pronounced R-E)  If you ask her what her name is, she says, "Aria" or "Aria Pegump" but when she wants something it is "Arie banana please."  Or fill in the blank with whatever she wants.  And she always refers to herself in the third person.

4.  When Aria wants one of us to come play with her, she'll grab our finger and say, "goin.'"  I think she started just pulling on our fingers, but I would ask where we were going so now she says "goin.'"

5.  This kid LOVES to bounce on the spare bed we have downstairs. 

6.  I think I already posted about playing hide-and-seek, but I'll just mention again that we have to do it all the time!

7.  When Aria counts, she always starts at 2 and usually skips 5.

8.  Aria knows the name of all the dogs she comes in contact with .  Every friend or family member who has a dog we've visited or seen pictures of, she knows its name and includes it in the list of family members when we talk about those people.  She knows the entire neighborhood of dogs that live by my parents. 

9.  This child's memory is ridiculous.  She will talk about people we saw or things we did months ago.  She recognizes where we are in pictures she looks at.  If anything is out of place or has changed in any way around the house, she notices it right away.  I am so impressed by her attention to detail.

10.  When I play a song on the piano or even sing her a little tune, at the end, Aria will cheer for me and say, "yay Mommy!"  I love it!  My biggest fan!

No comments: