Oops! I forgot one! My excuse is that I forgot my camera that day, so I don't have any pictures of it. Remember our friends who got married this summer? These people have been my friends for many, many years. I explain it all in that blog, so if you're curious about our history, follow the link and read! Anyway, as Ashley and Jena have grown, it has been increasingly more difficult for me to think of Christmas presents for them. So, one year I decided we wouldn't do presents anymore and we would go do something fun together! This year we went to the Amanas and stayed at the hotel with the waterpark. Aside from the freezing cold water in the pool, it was a blast! Ashiejena (who really are two separate people, but Aria combines them), Camryn, Justin, Aria, and I (Spencer thought hunting would be more fun....silly guy) spent an evening playing in the pool, eating pizza, and playing games.
The waterpark is definitely geared towards young children, probably about four to ten. I say four because there were gobs of kids playing on the jungle gym and going down the kiddie waterslide with no supervision. There was no way I was letting Aria on it by herself and of course I couldn't go with her because it was one person at a time (not that the kids followed that). The water park also had one of those big buckets that fills up with water and then dumps out everywhere. Aria thought it was super cool....from a very long distance away, and hasn't stopped talking about the bucket ever since. There were also two bigger waterslides and I'm not exaggerating when I say the water was about 50 degrees. It was FREEZING. Camryn braved it a few times and Justin and I each went once. Ashiejena did not try it. We did all enjoy the pool with the basketball hoops, even though that water was only about 65 degrees.
When we finished playing in the water for the evening, we went back to our two room suite and ate pizza. Once it was time for Aria to go to bed, we put her in one room and headed to the other to play games. This was our first time staying in the same hotel room as Aria and it worked out really well. We were in the living room part of the suite, so we had a pull-out couch bed. We arranged the furniture so Aria was behind the back of the couch and couldn't see us. She was awake early, but actually went back to sleep until almost 9:00! We played in the freezing pool a bit again in the morning and then headed for home. It was a fun little get-a-way!
I wish I had some pictures to show from our night, but oh well. We had such a good time we won't soon forget it! Thanks for braving the cold pool to swim with Aria, Ashiejena, and Camryn! We cherish every time we get together with you guys! I hope we get to do something again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment