1.11.2012

Music Together

One of Aria's Christmas presents from my parents was admission to a ten week Music Together class, put on by Orchestra Iowa.  We went to our first class this week and it was a blast!  Like usual, Aria was timid at first, but really jumped in as soon as the teacher got out the shakers.  We got to sing, dance, play instruments, and meet new friends.  There are five kids in the class from 14 months to four.  It is certainly a fun way to get out of the house and to be exposed to music and instruments we don't necessarily have at home.  After attending the class this week, I was again reassured as to why I stay home with Aria.  I am so glad we have opportunities to have all kinds of experiences.  Sure, we can sing, dance, and play instruments at home, too, but I appreciate having new ideas and Aria being around other teachers and children.  She is already talking about music class and is excited to go back next week.  Although, I think she was a little disappointed she didn't get to play the teacher's guitar like she gets to play Papa's guitar.  Even though we've only gone once, I give it two thumbs up!  If you have a little one with a birthday coming up, maybe an experience like Music Together can be a gift idea.  After all, how many toys do we really need?

No comments: